I want to take this opportunity to personally thank you for the fantastic learning experience you provided my management team on November 16, 2015. I know that we put the pressure on by requesting that you deliver 8+ hours of content in just 4 hours but you certainly did rise to the challenge and did a fantastic job for us. Of course we had high expectations going into this learning opportunity being delivered by a skilled professional such as yourself but these were far exceeded as confirmed by the feedback I have received from the attendees. All were very impressed by your relaxed and engaging style which kept their attention focused for the full duration. A hard thing to do after already having spent 8 hours in a classroom environment.
For me, the success or otherwise of such learning is measured by what the attendees take away and put into practice. It is only one week since your training was delivered and in this short space of time I have already had several attendees make reference to a difficult conversation they were preparing for. These people, including myself, are now far more confident in having these conversations and, just as importantly, they realise that they are a necessary function of leadership.
Sam, thank you so much for opening our eyes to the benefits that can be gained from having these difficult conversations. The content of what you presented was excellent but, more importantly, it was the way in which you delivered it that impressed us all the most. You created a very inclusive environment that allowed us to relax and to soak up the content of your presentation.
Mark Ellis, Regional Director, Australia, NZ, Japan & Korea, Crown Worldwide Group, Sydney, Australia, Tel: 61 2 8787 0400, http://www.crownrelocations.com.au
25 November 2015
Sam is amazing and I found her style to be so transparent and honest. As a practitioner in the field I really found it useful when Sam drew on some of her practical experiences. I found that Sam’s style really encouraged all students to participate. Sam’s level of experience was evident in her teaching and the examples she gave us which greatly helped my understanding of the subject material. The way Sam communicated with each student and the group as a whole was of a very high standard.
Facilitative Mediation 5-day workshop participant May 2014
Sam’s training is engaging, detailed and practically useful. Her pedagogical techniques ensure all adult learning styles are addressed. She trains in ways that energize student thinking. Before you realise, time flies and you are always left wanting to engage in the subject material and learn more.
Julie Caswell, Manager, Student Complaints and Quality Improvement, James Cook University, August 2014
Thank you for the contribution you have made to all our lives through the excellence of your work as well as the generosity of your nature.
John Penberthy, Civil and Commercial Mediator and graduate of the JCU Master of Conflict Management and Resolution, 2014
The four-day REAL conflict coaching training in Melbourne this February was customised by Sam Hardy for the tertiary education sector, and it certainly proved to be extremely relevant to my work as an advocate for postgraduate students. Sam is an exceptional trainer: her solid experience in, and passion for conflict resolution informed the whole workshop, which she made even more interesting through discussions, role play (not the scary kind!) and the provision of verbal and written tools to help us learn this new skill. This particular skill, of really listening to the other in an open and non-judgmental way and of empowering the person who is being coached, is applicable in and beyond the workplace. Without hesitation, I recommend this training to everyone!
Vyvyan Mishra, Advocacy Manager, Graduate Student Association, University of Melbourne, 2013.
TMR requested Dr Sam Hardy to provide ‘Managing Conflict’ training. Sam’s extensive knowledge, training delivery methods and easy going nature provided staff with the opportunity to feel at ease with any discussions in relation to conflict. This training was highlighted as being useful in both their work and personal lives.
Karen Barty, Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads, April 2012.
The workshop was an outstanding success. The recipients responded well to the content and delivery during the two days and this was confirmed by the overwhelmingly positive feedback provided in the evaluation and strategies since employed by the participants to improve customer service…We regard ourselves fortunate to have secured Samantha’s services as there are very few people within Australia who have the same level of knowledge, skills and expertise in the rapidly growing area of complaints resolution. The majority of training courses available are pitched at a very basic level which does not meet the needs of senior staff who deal with complex complaints issues on a daily basis. The amount of materialSamantha was able to draw on during her presentation was very impressive and provided staff with new perspectives into complaints resolution and an appreciation of complaints handling beyond CSA into a broader business context.
Heather Sharkey, Assistant Director, Complaints Resolution Branch, Child Support Agency,Australian Government, 9th July 2009.
The content of the training material has been expertly crafted to suit the intended audience. The professional layout and design of the materials is impressive. Centrelink has been impressed by the adaptable, energetic and highly professional service provided by Associate Professor Hardy.
Michelle Cornish, National Manager, People Strategy Branch, Centrelink, Australian Government, 13 July 2009.
Thank you for your contribution to my learning and professional development. It has been such a pleasure and of enormous benefit to learn from you directly. Thanks for your professionalism, commitment and consistent role-modelling.
Natalie Walker, December 2008
Examples of feedback from training workshop participants:
- Extremely informative and brilliantly presented.
- Current, insightful and engaging. Lots of food for thought and an eye opener.
- Excellent issues that I hadn’t even thought of or realised. I will be making some changes to our service due to today’s presentation.
- Sam Hardy presents in a very interesting manner and keeps the class engaged. She is very organised and helpful with explaining things.
- Outstanding overall! Enthusiastic, knowledgeable, accessible, interesting.
- Thorough knowledge of course content. Great preparation. Willingness to be flexible to different learning needs of students.
- Built good rapport. Knows material. Practical and research perspective.
- Very professional, knowledgeable and approachable.
- Extremely well-presented course that held my attention.
- Sam’s highly educated, skilled and personable.
- Sam kept the energy level high in order to engage the group even after lunch! Very open minded about changing to best meet the needs of the group.
- Thanks so much – enjoyed every minute of the course. Never a dull moment!
- Sam is a great teacher – combining theory and practical experience.
- I loved the course, highly entertaining and informative.
- Wonderful! I got more out of the course than I thought I would, every question was answered clearly – wonderful.
- Such a fulfilling and informative course. It definitely has the capacity to educate, influence, change and alter a person’s belief and respect for negotiation and conflict studies.
- Sam’s passion for this area was so obvious, she spent time answering all questions.
- Without a doubt Sam’s knowledge in this area was obvious, she provided relevant and up to date information.
- Sam definitely influenced, motivated and inspired me to learn more about dispute resolution. Her obvious knowledge and experience in these areas, and useful anecdotes that illustrated real world situations proved very useful.
- Sam was fun, engaging and organised.
- Sam had the ability to succinctly answer questions from students drawing upon experiences she has had in the legal and conflict resolution field and also studies conducted in this area.
- Not just an overload of theory. Great activities that allowed us to do ‘practice’ and increase our skills.
- Really very skilled trainer and presenter, excellent knowledge of how to manage a group and attend to training needs, was very impressed.
- Very enthusiastic, generating confidence, very clear language. Good style when giving explanations (informal but concise and comprehensive at the same time). Very good smile, very authentic.
- Sam demonstrated a wonderful command of the material and her enthusiasm for the course material made it quite easy to learn.